Praveen Perni, MD Board-Certified Spine Surgeon
Dr. Praveen Perni is a board-certified spine surgeon specializing in the treatment of the cervical and lumbar spine. Dr. Perni treats various conditions including herniated discs, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative conditions, and scoliosis involving the neck and low back. He utilizes the latest surgical techniques in the treatment of the spine, including minimally invasive and disc replacement technologies. He is the first surgeon in the state of Indiana to have access to the ExcelsiusGPS Robotic Navigation Platform. This state of the art robotic technology improves accuracy during surgery while allowing less radiation exposure, shorter operative times, and increased safety for certain spine procedures.
Dr. Perni was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio. He completed college in three years, and played division one college tennis on a full athletic scholarship. After completing medical school in Ohio, he finished his residency training at Michigan State University. Dr. Perni subsequently completed a spine fellowship at the prestigious San Francisco Spine Institute. Dr. Perni has been in practice in central Indiana since 2010.
Dr. Perni provides spine lectures and surgical training locally as well as nationally to patients, students, and other physicians. He stays involved in several administrative roles within American Health Network. During his free time, Dr. Perni enjoys spending time with his wife and son. He still enjoys playing tennis, running, and spending time with his family.
Dr Perni is the first surgeon in the state of Indiana to have access to the Excelsius GPS Robotic Navigation Platform System.
- Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award(2016, 2017, 2018)
- Patients' Choice Award (2018)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
- Compassionate Doctor Award- 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2018)
- On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
- Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
- Spine Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Herniated Discs
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Disc Replacement
- Cervical and Lumbar Degenerative Disease
- Cervical and Lumbar Decompression
- Spinal Fusions
- Spinal Stenosis
- Fellowship - San Francisco Spine Institute/ SpineCare Medical Group
- Residency - Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Center/Michigan State University
- Medical Degree - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine